Life is all about learning even I am a mother now.
I want to book down this mistakes I made, so I won't forget and I wouldn't allow myself to repeat the same mistake.
When this little boy can roll over his body, I should celebrate this milestone and meantime, I should be more aware and pay more concentration to him. I've told myself thousand times. However, human is taking things for granted, until it broke your heart, only you will truly learn from it.
Mistake 1# I leave him alone on the bed and I off to bath time. But, my mistake of covering him with a big fabric that will bundle him somehow. He rolled and he pulled the fabric and it covered his head. My heart almost broken when I saw him covered by the fabric and it might suffocate him, of cos he cried.
Lesson 1# Never cover a baby with big blanket (expert even suggested not to cover with any blanket). However, our home practice is .... cover the baby with something to keep the baby warm. I've doubt and I still stick to this practice! Make sure is not BIG and not leaving the baby alone when he is awake.
Mistake 2# I leave him alone again on the couch and walked away to get something. He fell off from the couch onto the floor. It hurts me. I burst out . Oh my poor little boy, I know it is painful and it frightened you. Mummy is more painful than you. I blamed myself for this. This is a mistake I should not make at all!
Lesson 2# Never ever leave a baby alone at a high place especially when he can turn. Put him on the mattress on floor when I need to walk away a while.
Motherhood is a life changing point for me, at the same time, is a learning path for me as well.
"While we try to teach our children about life, Our children teach us what life is all about."